Quick & Fast Response
100% Customer Satisfaction
24/7 Service in Melbourne
Rapid burst pipe repair Melbourne
Don’t let a burst pipe emergency ruin your day. Call 1300988509 and get fast and effective burst pipe repair services from the experts at PLUMB MEDIC AUSTRALIA. We have the tools and experience to get you back to normal fast.
Within seconds of experiencing a burst pipe, your home can fill with rushing water. This type of damage is the reason why burst pipe emergencies are so scary for Melbourne homeowners. Luckily, the experts at Plumb Medic are available for fast and effective water leak repair service
What Causes Burst Pipe Repair?
Burst pipe emergencies happen for a variety of reasons. Sometimes they are preventable, but sometimes there is nothing we can do to stop them. Some of the most common causes of water leak repair in the home include:
- Cold Temperatures (not as common in Australia but can occur) : When the temperature drops, the water in your pipe will freeze. The ice expands and the immense pressure eventually causes the pipe to burst.
- Chemical Drain Cleaners: Using a chemical drain cleaner will prematurely wear out your pipes. These chemicals corrode the pipes, creating weak spots that are prone to burst.
- Clogged Drains: An unchecked clogged drain causes pressure to build inside the pipes. This pressure eventually becomes too much for the pipes to handle and a rupture occurs.
- ground movement and cracking of copper pipes
- corrosive ground and pipes not connected to standard/poor installation.
- Poor Initial installation and quality of pipe used for application applied.
How to Prevent Burst Pipe Emergencies
When it comes to burst pipe emergencies, an ounce of prevention is truly worth a pound of cure. Although PLUMB MEDIC AUSTRALIA is always available for fast and effective plumbing leak repair, it’s still best to simply avoid the issue altogether. Some steps you can take to prevent burst pipes in your home include:
- Insulate your pipes with foam insulation to protect them from the cold and movement.
- Never use chemical drain cleaners in your plumbing system.
- Deal with clogged toilets and drains right away to prevent pressure from building up.
- Avoid using non-licensed tradesman and handyman to install pluming pipes and fixtures.
- Always have a plumber go through and annually check the condition of your pipework and ask for a general report regarding pipes in and around the property, especially older heritage homes.